The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
One of my favorite books and some passages worth mentioning. Of course, there are many more but let's just soak this for now.
- "when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you achieve it"
- "When someone makes a decision, he is really diving into a strong current that will carry him to places he had never dreamed of when he first made the decision."
- "...intuition is really a sudden immersion of the soul into the universal current of life, where the histories of all people are connected, and we are able to know everything, because it's all written there."
- "When he looked into her dark eyes, and saw that her lips were poised between a laugh and silence, he learned the most important part of the language that all the world spoke - the language that everyone on earth was capable of understanding in their heart. It was love. Something older than humanity, more ancient than the desert."(Excellent)
- "You must understand that love never keeps a man from pursuing his destiny. If he abandons that pursuit, it's because it wasn't true love...the love that speaks the Language of the World."
- "There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure."
- "And there were dunes, rocks and plants that insisted on living where survival seemed impossible."
- "When you are loved, you can do anythingin creation. When you are loved, there's no need at all to understand what's happening, because everything happens within you, and even men can turn themselves into the wind. "
- "Love is the force that transforms and improves the Soul of the World....It is we who nourish the Soul of the World, and the world we live in will be either better or worse, depending on whether we become better or worse. And that's where the power of love comesin. Because when we love, we always strive to become better than we are."